Last updated: September 13, 2018
2. "Personal Information". We automatically track certain basic information about our users and their in-Platform actions. We use this information to do internal research on our members' usage patterns, interests, preferences and general behavior, to better understand and serve you and our community. When you sign up for a Platform user account (“User Account”), we collect information about you and your use of the Platform, which may include the following (and which may change from time to time):
your email address;
your first and last name;
your telephone numbers;
additional information shared by you;
a password selected by you;
credit/debit card information;
Your credit/debit card information will be transferred to a third party that handles payments for us. To keep your credit/debit card information safe and secure, we do not store full credit/debit card information on our servers.
3. "Other Information". We may also collect information such as:
message(s) you send to us;
information we receive from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
4. Third Party Partners. We currently contract with e-commerce and other online partners to help manage and optimize our business and communications. We use the services of Platform "analytics partners" to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising, and how visitors use the Platform. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third-party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you.
5. Use of Personal Information. We use the information we collect about you:
To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
To keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and use it to respond to you, if you contact us through the Platform;
To send administrative information, for example, information regarding the Platform and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
To allow you to send Platform-related content to a friend through the Platform. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend's name and email address;
For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our Platform, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities;
To create a better, more personalized experience for you based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze Platform usage, and customize our Platform's content and layout in order to better meet your needs;
To use for promotional, sales or any use that we consider appropriate, your correspondence with us, or photographs submitted for publication in the Platform;
To send you text messages and push notifications;
Facilitate transactions and payments.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information. We may disclose information we collect about you:
- To our third-party service providers that provide services such as Platform hosting, Platform-related consulting and monitoring, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services;
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Platform;
Posted by you on the Platform or provided by you through registration process. Please note that any information you post or disclose through the Platform will become public information, and may be available to us, to users of the Platform and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information and Other Information, or any other information, on the Platform;
To a third party (whether affiliated or unaffiliated with us) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, conveyance, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or interests (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
• To a third party to facilitate transaction and payment.
7. Collection of Personal Information and Other Information. We and our third-party service providers may collect information about you in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser or device: certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Platform you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Platform functions properly;
Through mobile sensor data: we collect from Drivers’ devices data (such as speed, direction, height, and acceleration) to improve location accuracy and analyze usage patterns;
Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with the Platform to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Platform (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Platform and response rates;
IP Address: your "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider ("ISP"). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Platform, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites and applications. We use IP Address for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Platform, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Platform;
From you: information, such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Platform;
By aggregating information: aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Platform;
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
12. Your choice regarding our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out from receiving these marketing-related emails by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
13. How you can change or suppress your Personal Information. You may request to correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify, any of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us through the Platform, or object to the use or processing of such Personal Information by us. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you want to place upon your Personal Information which you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
15. Use of electronic communication by minors. The Platform is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Platform. We restrict Platform to persons age 18 years or older. Laetly does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Laetly only with the permission and oversight of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
16. Cross-border transfer. The Platform is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Platform you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
(a) At Laetly, we recognize the sensitive nature of the personal data we collect and the importance of protecting it. The GDPR requires us to obtain consent from European Union ("EU") residents before using their data in any way. It also entitles them to access their data and ask for it to be removed and forgotten from any databases on request.
(b) Below is a list of privileges and how you can exercise these privileges and rights included with GDPR.
(c) You have a right to consent to how Laetly uses your data. Below is a list of the data points we collect and how they are used. We never abuse your information. Along with consenting, you also have the right to withdraw your consent.
(d) We collect data, including:
First Name – used as a contact point reference
Last Name – used as a contact point reference
Email Address – used as a contact point
Phone Number – used as a contact point
Interest – used to track the brand(s) you’re interested in
Source – used to track how you found Laetly
Other Text Field Box – collects any information you wish to provide us
(e) Your data is used for marketing emails and marketing promotions such as newsletters, informational updates about Laetly, and invitations to special events, webinars, and conferences.
(f) Your data is stored for an indefinite matter of time if you don’t notify Laetly via the below methods to remove it. In the case that Laetly tries to contact you and your email address and/ or phone number are no longer viable, your information will be declared inactive and Laetly will not continue to attempt contact. If your contact information is updated with viable information, our records will be declared active as long as you haven’t exercised your right to revoke consent or be forgotten.
(g) Under GDPR you have the right to ask for all the data collected on you. Your data is stored in a secure database. It will take up to 72 hours to retrieve and send you collected data. The data will be provided in the form on a spreadsheet and sent via personal email.
(h) Your right to be forgotten refers to your right to have your information wiped from our database. If you wish for your information to be removed please email us at email@example.com and we’ll confirm your information is removed via personal email within 72 hours.
(i) If you wish to submit a formal complaint against how your data is being used, collected, or stored by Laetly, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(j) If you’ve consented to receive messages from us and need to revoke that consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll update our records and ensure your data is not stored. We’ll confirm your withdrawal via personal email within 72 hours.
18. Sensitive information. Please do not send us, and do not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Platform or otherwise to us.
23. ADA Compliance, Disabilities, Accessibility. Laetly attempts to make its information accessible to all individuals. If you use special adaptive equipment and encounter problems when using our Platform, please report them using the following contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will let you know if the information is available in an alternate format. We strive to meet World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Recommendations and other web industry standards, specifically conforming to HTML 5, CSS Level 3, WAI-ARIA, and the U.S. Access Board's Section 508 guidelines.
Laetly is committed to making its Platform available to as many people as possible, and makes every effort to ensure its communications are accessible to those with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments.
If you come across a page you find difficult to use, please contact us at email@example.com. All materials © 2018 Laetly Inc., unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.